Apply to be next year’s executive director!
Executive director applications are welcomed through Sunday, March 13 at 11:59 p.m.
Current Executive Director Blake Hauser shares why she does what she does here:
“Carolina has so many talented students, and I consider it a privilege to get to interact with a few of them and reward their spectacular accomplishments. I love being a part of an organization that brings together such passionate and driven individuals and then empowers these students to pursue their passions. Eve Carson described ideal Carolina students as ‘Seeking to be great, but always remembering that we must be good.’ I believe that the Eve Carson Scholarship honors that balance between achieving greatness and being a force for good in the campus community, and I am proud to serve on its Executive Committee.”
The Executive Director is charged with the management of all Scholarship activities and responsibilities. The role of the Executive Director includes, but is not limited to:
- Being the Public Face of the Scholarship;
- Fostering the long-term growth and financial sustainability of the Scholarship;
- Ensuring Eve’s legacy continues through the Scholarship’s actions;
- Serving as a member of the Selection Committee;
- Serving as the Executive Committee’s liaison to Internal Advisory Board;
- Fostering an enjoyable, cohesive environment among the Executive Committee;
- Facilitating smooth and productive transitions between Executive Committees;
- Facilitating annual goal-setting by the Executive Committee;
- Selecting his/her Executive Committee and the next Executive Director;
- Overseeing the Director of Operations to ensure the Executive Committee is managed properly;
- Evaluating and Analyzing all Scholarship activities to promote efficiency and growth;
- Creating and Managing new initiatives for the Scholarship;
- Maintaining a productive, professional relationship with Eve’s family, University Development, Student Affairs, Office of Scholarships and Student Aid, Executive Branch of Student Government, and the broader Carolina community.
Dedication to this position is of vital importance to the longevity of the Scholarship. Students should strongly consider not applying if they have significant time commitments in other organizations. If you have any questions about these expectations or others, please email Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the application in full, answering all questions within the listed word limits. Please also include your full name, email address, phone number, year, and major(s) and/or minor(s). Email your answers as a saved document along with a copy of your resume to Blake Hauser at email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on Mar. 13.
- What is your motivation in applying for this position? (300 words or less)
- What would your top three priorities be next year for the Scholarship? (300 words or less)
- What is one new initiative you would like to start for the scholarship? (200 words or less)
- What is your long-term vision for the Scholarship? (300 words or less)
- What is your relevant experience with the Eve Carson Scholarship, which will enable you to be an Effective Director of the Scholarship? (250 words or less)
- What is your relevant leadership experience, which will enable you to manage all of the responsibilities of the Executive Director effectively? (250 words or less)
- What are your other commitments next year? Where would the Scholarship fall in your priority list? (200 words or less)