Information & Eligibility
Eligibility: Who can apply?
1. Juniors of UNC-Chapel Hill with at least a 3.0 GPA and 48 hours of credit.
2. Applicants cannot currently be receiving a full, merit-based scholarship. (see full list of scholarships under FAQs)
The application asks for your basic information, and it consists of six essay questions that must be answered in 300 words or less. The six questions from this year’s application are listed below.
- Briefly explain your future professional goals.
- Discuss one of your passions.
- How do you see yourself developing it further if you were selected as a Eve Carson Scholar?
- How have you developed this passion during your time at Carolina?
- Please attach a resume of your significant collegiate activities (1 page maximum).
- Please upload a copy of your unofficial transcript.
This year, each applicant must submit a peer recommendation. The peer recommender should be another student or friend of the applicant. S/he must be able to attest to the character of the applicant and his/her fulfillment of the scholar criteria.
The eight applicants chosen as finalists will also be asked to submit a professional recommendation. Recommender’s should be in a supervisory role to the applicant, but does not have to be affiliated with UNC-Chapel Hill. They could be a boss, professor, coach, etc.
- April 21st – Application goes live
- October 31st – Application due by 5 p.m.
- November 8th – The 25 semi-finalists will be notified and asked to submit a one-minute video responding to a prompt of the Selection Committee’s choosing.
- November 19th – Video submissions due by 5 p.m.
- November 21st – Finalists notified and asked to submit a professional recommendation.
- December 1st – Professional recommendation due
- December 4th – 12 to 7 p.m., 30-minute interviews with each of the 8 finalists