Information & Eligibility
Eligibility: Who can apply?
1. Juniors of UNC-Chapel Hill with at least a 3.0 GPA and 48 hours of credit.
2. Applicants cannot currently be receiving a full, merit-based scholarship. (see full list of scholarships under FAQs)
The application asks for your basic information, and it consists of six essay questions that must be answered in 300 words or less. The six questions from this year’s application are listed below.
- Briefly explain your future professional goals.
- Discuss one of your passions.
- How do you see yourself developing it further if you were selected as a Eve Carson Scholar?
- How have you developed this passion during your time at Carolina?
- Please attach a resume of your significant collegiate activities (1 page maximum).
- Please upload a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- December 16st – Application due by 11:59 p.m.
- December 24th – The semi-finalists will be notified and asked to submit a secondary application
- January 7th – Secondary applications due by 11:59 p.m.
- January 13th – Finalists notified
- January 26th – 12 to 7 p.m., 30-minute interviews with each of the 8 finalists